This month, HONEST MEDICINE is proud to feature eleven of its most read articles and most popular audio interviews:
1) Michael Moore's SiCKO: An Impassioned Review -- My take on Moore's brilliant new film. I hope SiCKO will mark the beginning of some really serious discussion on this important topic.
2) Obituary: Richard Neubauer, MD, Father of Hyperbaric Oxygen for the Brain, Dies at Age 83 --The death of Dr. Neubauer, a brilliant and compassionate medical pioneer, will be a huge loss for all who knew him, and many who didn't. Dr. Neubauer's obituary makes extremely interesting reading, which should come as no surprise, since his life was filled with love and good works.
3) Dr. Ronald Hoffman's wonderful WOR-AM Radio interviews are online -- You'll definitely want to listen to these online radio interviews conducted by HonestMedicine's next audio interviewee.
4) Trisha Torrey, Patient Advocate Extraordinaire -- You'll want to meet Trisha Torrey. A font of great information for every person who will ever have to deal with the healthcare system.
5) Important Articles That Expose Some of Big Pharma's Highly Questionable Practices -- Just a few of the practices these articles expose: oncologists being allowed to profit from the sale of chemotherapy drugs; pharmaceutical companies failing to reveal the results of studies when those results don't prove what the company set out to prove; not providing researchers with the raw data; and many more.
6) AUDIO INTERVIEW: Dr. James Belanger: The Naturopathic Treatment of Cancer -- In this audio interview, Dr. Belanger talks about his innovative work with cancer patients. He uses a combination of comprehensive blood tests (which give him vital information about the state of his patients’ immune systems and cancer growth factors) and natural medicines, which he prescribes, based on his findings from the blood tests. Dr. Belanger's results have been stunning and, because of this, his work is known throughout the country.
7) 11 Important Cancer Resources: Articles, Experts, Books, Audios. If you have cancer, or know someone who does, these are some often little-known, but very important resources.
8) The JAMA Controversy: An HONEST MEDICINE 3-Part Series -- These three articles discuss the fact that the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published articles reporting on studies whose physician/authors did NOT report significant financial ties to pharmaceutical companies. Also included: lots of little known information about how JAMA publicizes many of its articles and studies.
9) 8 Important Online Audios and Videos -- I have collected these eight audios and videos from a variety of online sources -- most notably youtube, Google Video and National Public Radio (NPR). As I point out in my introduction to these audios and videos, because of their hard-hitting nature, it is highly doubtful that we would be able to listen to and watch them, WITHOUT THE INTERNET.
10) HONEST MEDICINE's First AUDIO INTERVIEW: Nutritionist Elizabeth Lipski, PhD -- Dr. Lipski talks about about how eating unhealthy foods has caused so many of our society's health problems, and how we can turn this around with simple, sensible food choices. Contains a fascinating discussion of the dangers of hospital food, and the latest information about the organic food industry.
11) Medicine in the "Good Old Days" -- This article features Dr. Lou Schopick, who practiced medicine from the 1940s to the 1970s. You'll be surprised to learn that he foresaw many of the problems that exist in our medical system today.